My friend, and I were headed out in the car last Friday when we turned the corner of our street, and saw smoke rising nearby. A quick detour down North Summer Street and we found this. A motorcycle, Just laying there in the road burning up.
It seems the owner of the bike had just parked it when suddenly it bust into flames. The neighborhood kids said it had been leaking gas. It must of took the Fire Department a full two minutes to arrive. By that time the bike was as crisp as a campfire marshmallow.
With a spray of fresh water the fire was instantly reduced to a cloud of steam. For some reason after the fire was out the smell of burning rubber started filling the street. I didn't feel like standing in the hot sun breathing carcinogens all afternoon so we quickly left to finish our trek with a strange satisfaction of having seen a spectacle - at the expense of the poor biker who's ride was reduced to scrap.
No one was hurt. It was a minor incident to be sure. Just one of those weird things in downtown Holyoke.
Springfield residents, officials call for regional strategies to address segregation in Pioneer Valley - More than 50 people gathered at City Hall in response to a University of Michigan national study that ranked the Greater Springfield area as the most segrega...
25 minutes ago